Saturday 15 May 2010

history - Rebasing a chain of nonlinear commits with git -


Before opening the bridge report of the original repo, I want to polish my (Dirty) feature branch shortly after

About 100 are committed, which I want to add to 3 or 4. All the committees are already pushing in their own remote repo, as I want to earn a lot in my own repo, I created a new branch in that place where I left the original repo. This branch should have an exact copy of my work, but with less earnings.

Unfortunately, failing to apply my current head to the new branch and rhesus-i fails to merge commission ( x ) and I Indicates that this can not implement the patch, assume that my history looks like this:

  o - o - o - o - o - o ---- - x \ o - o - o - o - o  

Any idea how can I do this work?

work with git rebase -i -p commit But to merge at the cost of starting again (which is to decide again the merge triples).

To help:

  -p, --preserve-merges Try to reconstruct merges instead of ignoring them  

However, in your case, just merge the fixing merge and continuing the rebase may actually work.


No comments:

Post a Comment