Saturday 15 May 2010

Accessing Ruby on Rails app from a Remote PC/Network - Windows 7 WEBrick -


I am making an app using Rail on my home PC, and need to access the page from the computer at work .

I have got some questions related to this, but there is nothing like a process which I can follow in the form of someone who has nothing terrible about the networking experience.

I know I need to open the port which I am using, but I can not seem to do this, firewalls such as windows / programs allow me to 'add port' Button can see ...

Am I right in mind that the server should be set to use the default gateway as IP ($ bin / rails server -p 192.168.0.1) , And then use your public IP To the Ary PC?

Any help / guidance is greatly appreciated!

Follow a port forwarding tutorial that easily gets online.

The IP you have established that looks like 192.168.0.12 or has the same local IP address. Use it to access the website on the home network: 192.168.0.12:3000 If you forwarded port 3000

$ / bin / rails s -b 192.168.0.12-P-3000

Now, to access the server from the external network, navigate: , Which can be found by Google in search of "What is my IP address?"


No comments:

Post a Comment