Friday 15 June 2012

java - GWT server-side interaction with database -


I am creating a project in GWT which pulls an RSS feed, using regular expression on feed (using JSNI Javascript), and then store it as a result of which data is based on database where the user can access it.

So far, I am writing all the code in the client-side .java file, hopefully I can just move it on the server side, how do I share the code side of the project server-side? Change? The code running on the client-side is now very heavy to me, like running the id server-side and storing the results in the database. Is it possible to write server-side code using GWT or is it some other framework or Probably should be done with PHP? I would like to fully develop the whole project with GWT because it worked really well for me till this point.

I still have trouble finding resources for which I need to connect to the database and update it, from GWT to server-side can I do with hibernate?

Thanks a lot!

I think you can run entirely on the server side and can not use GWT.

If you want to process your processing on the client, you will have to submit results on a server in HTTP, possibly as a text.

You can make an HTTP request using GWT RPC, RequestBuilder, or at the end, you can use a hidden field formation panel. GWT RPC means that you have to write your server side code in Java. The other two approaches can be any such platform that is HTTP: PHP, Python, .NET ...

NB: JSNI is powerful but it can be argued that you are throwing the power of GWT - This is the ability to write client side code in Java.


No comments:

Post a Comment