Wednesday 15 September 2010

IIS Access for Visual Studio Asp.Net Application -


I'm trying to access a Microsoft Word document on a network location through a button click in my application I am The code is as follows:

  Protected sub button 3Click (ByVal Sender as the object, ByVal e.EventArgs as the system) Dim as the path 3 = "Full file path here" Dim WordApp new Microsoft.Office as .interop.Word.Application is a new Microsoft.Office.Interop.Word.Document wordApp.Visible = True WordDoc = wordApp.Documents.Open (path3) as the WordDoc end sub  

I'm running it on the IIS 8, with the application pool of your site, as the DefaultAppPool, and as the applicationPoolIdentity identifies. My understanding is that what I need to do, DefaultAppPool allows to read the file in question. I have access to User Groups IIS_IUSRS and IUSR. Since I am using form authentication, if I have access to IIS_UUSRS, then I should be able to use the file, yet I am not able to. I believe that I need the file to IIS AppPool \ DefaultAppPool, however, the file is located on a different server than the website, so a group / username is not available to give this file. Is there any work to solve this problem?

If both server domains are included, you run your application as a user in the domain (The account created for the purpose of running your site) then provide the user (newly created account) in the question to access the remote files.


No comments:

Post a Comment