Wednesday 15 September 2010

Event issue with ASP.net Update Panel -


I am fully stumped on this and really appreciate any help.

I am working on a user control that is located inside an updated panel. There is a button on the form that loads some data. This is working properly.

There is also a drop-down box to filter the data. Changing this, a post starts back, though nothing happens. The drop-down box goes back to the default value that is never called the on-line index chain function.

I have put brake points in the page-prerenders and page_preload and both posts are being hit back definitely. Breakpoints are never killed with the dropdown group_changed function.

Deleting the update panel solves the problem, though it breaks the rest of the page so I can not use anything other than testing.

I have also verified that there is nothing in my prerender / page load which is resetting the page's position.

Here is the update panel code:

  & lt; Asp: UpdatePanel ID = "Update Panel 6" Runt = "Server" ChildArgrager = "True" UpdateMode = "conditional" & gt; & Lt; ContentTemplate & gt; & Lt; UcControlName: ControlName ID = "ControlName1" runat = "Server" /> & Lt; / ContentTemplate & gt; & Lt; / ASP: UpdatePanel & gt;  

There is a drop-down in the question - it is located inside the user control

  & asp: dropdown list id = "dropdown group" = Runt = " Server "visible =" false "autopostback =" true "on-select index =" dropdown group-exchange "& gt; & Lt; / Asp: dropdownlists & gt;  

This issue is clearly visible and at that point there is a database from the point where the problem is coming in.


A little more information- one Hard coded dropdown (to exclude a stupid databasing issue) and one textbox in the same control. I have the same problem.

It seems that the event is not triggered because values ​​are never changing, because NAT is concerned. I've checked the control during page_init and page_load - the value is always the same.

The fact is that the button works but in other controls I do not think there is a visual state problem here but I can not quite ferret it out because of it. Viewestate is enabled for page and panel - I do not know that all this can be override / corrupt

Did I mention that I hate the updated panel with passion? Because I hate the updated panel with passion, I recommend checking 'Value Property' for each 'ListItem' in the 'Dropdown List' control. I

If they are all identical , even though the 'text' attribute is different, 'on-selected index change' will not come at all Because ASP.N.T. Nothing can tell that nothing has changed (see for more information.)

This was the real cause of my problem, even though I had a DropDownList inside 'UpdatePanel' and 'AutoPostBack' 'With a' UserControl 'firing was expected as expected. I thought UpdatePanel was the culprit, but this was not the case. Each of the items in my dropdown list had the same basic value as "10", even though they had specific 'text' values, I changed them, each has a unique value, which is then the indeclinable index-playback Allows for the event to fix this problem.


No comments:

Post a Comment