Friday 15 July 2011

Using SVNBridge with TFS (not CodePlex) -


I am trying to use my TFS server using SVN Bridge so that I can disconnect. I tried to use a server-based and client-based solution. I'm just returning the internal server 500 errors. I'm not sure I'm connecting properly on the site.

The other posts I have read about SVN Bridge are specially about codepacks and connect it through a CodePlex specific URL.

I am trying to connect to my own TFS server and wondering how to properly formulate the URL. Do I need to do something special for this? I feel like I have tried everything, is there any success in doing any such work?

Therefore the problem is partly related to TFS 2010 beta 2. This issue is being tracked here:

Thank you.

Not sure that you are still looking for an answer, but I just better my weekend This is happening to work, mostly with trial and error, so here's what I learned.

You can download no zip files and if you are using TFS-2010 then do anything. Instead, you download the Essential source code and compile this thing for yourself

You must do this on a computer that installs the IIS to use the website's project.

If you do not have VS-2008 installed, you can upgrade the entire solution of VS-2010 and everything will be OK. I also changed the goal of website project to 4.0 framework with the least issues. I had to unload the testrequirefitties client project and tools.Hipsepend project to achieve the remaining projects for the construction of projects.

After you have created this project, you need to follow those two steps which are given on the order of obtaining bits in the right place on the web server once it is complete You web The config file needs to be tuned.

Here are the app settings you need to change and the values ​​you want to use:

  & lt; Add key = "logpath" value = "- directory-URI tokie plug in in" /> & Lt; Add Key = "DomainIncludesProjectName" value = "False" /> & Lt; Add key = "TfsUrl" value = "http: // - tfsServerName--: 8080 / tfs / - Project Selection -" /> & Lt; Add Key = "ReadAllUserDomain" value = "- yourDomain--" /> & Lt; Add key = "ReadAllUserName" value = "- domainUserName--" /> & Lt; Add key = "ReadAllUserPassword" value = "- domainUserNamePassword--" />  

If you have decided to upgrade website to 4.0 frame, do not forget that you need to update the application pool because it was probably made as 2.0.

You've almost done that the website has been established. You still need to install some functionality counter from SvnBridge. PerfCounter.Installer After complexity of the project, just copy those bits to the same server on which you have installed the website and have run the exe.

This does not work

OK is the last but not least security. I am not using digest protection because all of my Users have Windows login, so I used anonymous access and then disabled all other types of access except for Windows authentication.

Windows authentication did not work for all users, after seeing some remote source code, it became clear that basic authentication was the only option that was going to work. I needed the users to log in as their form and then that user name was passed in TFS so that it can be done as check-in, to be recorded to the right user.

RP


No comments:

Post a Comment