Friday 15 July 2011

java - What technology stack to choose -


For the benchmark below, what a technology stack will be the best fit?

  1. Cross-platform (Linux / Windows).
  2. Ability to run as a service (daemon)
  3. Powerful Object-Oriented Data Access (O / R-Mapping)
  4. Multiple Database Support (MsSql, Oracle, MySQl, SqlLite, Postgress)
  5. Web application can be tested (unit and integration test).
  6. Appropriate
  7. Proper or free licensing (price of OS, database etc.)
  8. Very small Dev Team (1-5 people).
  9. The team's Windows / Net background.

I will easily choose .net as a platform with ASP.NET MVC / NHibernate. I am good at .NET and I have been doing it for about 3 years or so. So this is the easiest option for me.

But Mono has many issues running on ASP.NET. Mostly I found those people on the net But the people I know are:

  • Various versions of mono on different hosts
  • Different behaviors of some objects on different platforms (Idea has some time in his blog
  • Legal with MS

Let me especially Ruby Like a language, but it is also not certain that it satisfies the points 2, 3, 4 There is a need for many tricks for

For Java, I can not do this for some reason. Every time I have to write a set / set for a property, I come back to C #.

  • What language will be in the best position?
  • If there is no .NET.2 / 3 then I will go to Java.

    Can related techniques be useful?

  • The good news is that some excellent O / R mapping packages in Ruby ActiveRecord (which That is a part of the rail) Try O / R mapping in Ruby is far easier than Java - there you do not need code generation to complete a stable type system, to activate ActiveCracked function call. Uses method_missing .

    OK for database drivers - they are Ruby binding for the most major database.

    If you are interested in Ruby, Ruby on Rail will cover most of your needs (except to work with a team that is most familiar to Windows / .NET) you can also train on JRuby (Which is compiled in Ruby, JVM).


No comments:

Post a Comment