Friday 15 July 2011

c++ - Lightweight debugging on embedded Linux -


I am developing an application that runs on small Linux-based SBC (~ 32 MB RAM). Unfortunately, my app was too big to run under the GDB recently. Is anyone aware of any good, lightweight debugging methods that I can use in embedded Linux? Even the stack of a thread will be very helpful in being able to see the trace.

I should mention that this application is written in C ++ and runs many threads, so GDBrovorver does not go as it does not work

Great

Gdbserver definitely works with multi-threaded applications, I am currently working with 25 threads on an embedded project And I use gdbserver all the time.

  information threads  

lists all threads in the system

  threads < Thread number information by thread & gt;  

Switches to that thread of execution.

  Threads XXX apply to & lt; Command & gt;  

runs on the thread specified by XXX, which can also be 'All', so if you want a back trace from all running threads then

  Apply thread all BT  

Once you are in the execution flow of the given thread, your specific commands work in a single threaded process.


No comments:

Post a Comment