Wednesday 15 June 2011

version control - heroku using git branch is confusing! -


OK, so I have a big github project that I do not want to merge my small stasa branch. However, it appears that Heroku only takes the Master forward seriously. It seems that I pushed my branch, but for example if I have a branch, then it works like there is no code on the server. I can not be established since my gem My file is in my branch.

Actually I do not even want to know Heroko that there is a master. I just want to use my exam Stacia branch but it is ignoring my local branch. Is there any way of doing it? And again, I do not want to write anything on the main Github repository (EEK!), But it is okay if I had my branch on both the master and my branch and merged them there.

I am a total GIT newbie (not less on windows) so please stand by me.

The first step is to make sure that you have leased your local branch to the top of your master (value Take that it is in your repo 'Main Guitars')

  git fetch mainGitHubRepo master git checkout -b mainGitHubMaster mainGitHubRepo / master  

then return to your branch Go back and play it again at the top of the Main GlitzHost:

  git checkout Stacia git rebase mainGitHubMaster  

As mentioned in the comment, Branch do not need to make major Githbstr : You can rebase directly on top of fetching branch.

  git checkout Stacia git rebase mingithubreppo / master  

After that, you push your C, and then make one.

To proceed with a local branch in an established branch, you just need to use:
git push REMOTENAME BRANCHNAME .
If you do not want to use the same name on the remote branch, you can use it:
git push REMOTENAME LOCALBRANCHNAME: REMOTEBRANCHNAME .

(which is outlined in: git has pushed its OQ Branch: Master ) NOTE: If you have GitHub If you have your thorn, you can work directly on 'Master' for this fork, which means that your bridge request will have to come from the 'Master' branch, which enhances your possibilities.
But the above process remains valid: for your bridge request, which will integrate your changes, there should be trivial merge, so the rebase phase is created locally.


No comments:

Post a Comment