Wednesday 15 June 2011

java ee - Some questions for j2me -


I have some questions that always make me very confused.

(1) Why do we install J2me, first we have to install jdk? [For my understanding, they are free 2 versions, one is embedded, another is for desktop application)

(2) How to install J2 AME environment in phone or embedded device? Do we need to first install JDC? (It seems that JDK can not be installed on the phone and embedded device).

(3) What is the relationship between J2ME, J9, Phonema, JMVM? When using them in an embedded device, the pre-requirements also are JDK? (Do you have to first install JDK?)

Thank you very much!

A very raw profile ...

  1. You need JDK to compile Java code - J2mm provides an API for your app, but no compiler.

  2. Your target device will come with a JVM and J2ME environment, so there is no need to worry about this directly as a developer.

  3. I think you have two questions here: you do not need JDK on target device; Only when your app compiles but see 1. - You need JDK to compile your app.

and VMs I'm not familiar with; Hopefully others will also have chip.

Especially. (Especially.) Also see related questions on the right side of this page.


No comments:

Post a Comment