Saturday 15 January 2011

visual studio 2008 - Simultaneous connections, excel -


I have the beginning of the session and preventing time, in the format like this:

 < Code> 23/11/09 15:18:32, 23/11/09 15:18:40 23/11/09 15:20:02, 23/11/09 15:20:32 23/11/09 15 : 20: 10, 23/11/09 15:20:40  

It is currently in Excel, in the second, start a date time in a column end datetime.

What I really want to do is post processing on this data. I'm not sure what to use yet, whether it's developing your own application, or just use Excel, which I was hoping for help. Period x Ask for simplicity, hours 15:00 - 16:00 based on these sessions, I want to know about how many simultaneous connections between those hours.

Suggestions of any ideas, how, what use? Excel? Vs2008?

I think this is a good thing about keeping excellence, so I can easily generate charts ... etc ... and I'm always struggling to work with versus versus objects I am

I believe this is not an easy problem. Let me reassign your issue: You can consider each connection as a segment on a line, with the starting value and the last value. Whatever you are trying to find is the largest sub-group of those segments in which there is a non-pointless intersection; The number of elements in that subset is the number of concurrent connections. If you can solve it, it should be trivial to find the answer for a limited time period (just "sort" each connection so that the beginning of the starting price period starts from the beginning connection period) . The reason I think it is difficult is that if you take three sections, say, from 1:00 to 2:00, 1:00 to 1:15 and from 1:45 to 2:00, all 3 overlap , But you have only 2 concurrent connections just to check how many connections overlap, how many connections will not be enough, you really have to consider how overlap overlaps speak.
Most things can be done in Excel, at least if you use VBA, I do not think that this is actually your problem - the issue itself is algorithm.
Edit : I dig up a little early, and feel like what you are trying to do. I'll dig some more, but this can give you a starting point.
Edit 2 To get a decent answer, a "cheap" way, break the period at which you are considering, at small intervals (ex: in 5-minute sections Break an hour) and for each segment, calculate the connections which overlap. There should clearly be a fast way of identifying a section where most of the segments pierce each other!


No comments:

Post a Comment