Saturday 15 January 2011

sql server - SQL selecting results from multiple tables -


Hello I want to display results from unrelated tables where the text string is present in a column that is common to all the tables in the database is . I can get the desired results with this:

  from the selection Table 1 where the heading '% text%' has the table 2 where the title '% text%' ` / Pre > 

However my question is that it is a more efficient way to go about it because I have to find dozens of TBLs. Thanks for any help you can give!

The ps I am using supports most dialects, but I like to keep it simple with SQL Server, because I'm using it.

is an SP script that you call online search aliables.

When you call it string, it will return the table and column as well as the full string.

You can modify it to work with other datatypes very easily. This is a great resource for you to be absolutely precise.


No comments:

Post a Comment