Sunday 15 August 2010

Django on Webfaction: Serving static admin media files - configuration -


I'm having trouble delivering Django's stable admin files to webfication.

:

  • I have created a symbolic link for 'stable-only app', and 'added information' has provided a link to Dezanne admin files : / home / myusername /webapps/mydjangoapp/lib/python2.5/django/contrib/admin/media (cd'ing works fine in that directory)

  • I have added this app to my DNS website, and specified in the URL path / media

  • In my settings, ADMIN_MEDIA_PREFIX = '/ media /' (My Static Files / There is a prefix with static /, so there is no conflict)

    In the source code of an admin page, I can see that the admin media is properly linked, e.g. & lt; Link rel = "stylesheet" type = "text / css" href = "/ media / css / base.css" />

However, After that I get 404 pages (from nginx).

I have always played with it, so any thoughts that may be wrong here, or how to troubleshoot it will be really appreciated!

I think you should be the "symbol" static-only app ", it should be: < / P>

 /home/myusername/webapps/mydjangoapp/lib/python2.5/django/contrib/admin/media/ 

(Or at least, what works for me on webfactions ).

If he is not working - ask him, he is actually the most helpful assistant team of any hosting company that I have ever used.


No comments:

Post a Comment