Saturday 15 August 2015

update ruby to 1.8.7 -


I am working on a project that I want to use Ruby 1.8.7. I'm using today, Ruby 1.8.6+ Mac OSX Darwin This Ruby 1.8.6 was installed with OS, it is a developer package from Apple. My question is: How can I update this package? If I run the port, it does not search for my current installed package and installs a new Ruby version with different paths and breaks my RubyGames in this form (I know how to fix it, But it's always working on work solutions).

Is there a clean way to update the default Ruby that comes with OS or is better for deleting it and can manage it by port? Please reply like this

have you tried rvm gem? It manages the versions of Ruby, Ruby versions (if not all) allow real (and archival) to compile the most, actually sets the appropriate environment variable pointing to the Ruby version.

  $ gem install rvm $ rvm install 1.8.7 $ rvm 1.8.7 --default  

No comments:

Post a Comment