Saturday 15 August 2015

php - What is the best to learn next to aply extra functionality to CMS templates? -


I have learned CSS and HTML, what should I do if my goal is to create a template for Joomla and WordPress? Ajax? Php? Js?

I poked around and did not get a question which is similar, so I posted it to

Both Joomla and WordPress are PHP applications, so to understand what really happens with your templates and to successfully override template parts, learning some basic PHP is definitely a good idea.

Now Javascript and AJX gloves have two separate pairs and these words are of two different levels.

Javascript is a script / programming language, while AJAX is a technology that uses JavaScript. Learning Javascript is definitely a must if you are in UI design area. And once you know this, using AJAX (asynchronous JavaScript communication with server) scripts will be one of your prospects.

So, if I were you (but it also depends on the task at hand) I learn Javascript (jQuery as a library) before and after in some basic PHP.


No comments:

Post a Comment