Monday 15 June 2015

why am I getting 'could not find gem rails locally...' when trying to upgrade InstantRails2.0 to rails 2.3? -


Full error message "Could not get rail gem locally or in the repository" About Rail Upgrade Have read and there is no information about this error. I'm running on WinXp Rail Wiki said that I should first update_rubygems, and it appears that I was able to do this successfully. My Ruby version is 1.8.6. I forgot this special mistake and I am convinced that gems are included in gem sources. Rubyonrails.org, which does mine.

Any suggestions? What other environmental information do I need to provide?

If I have problems, then is there any way to download and install the latest version of Rail?

I am not very familiar with the tracks immediately, but it seems that the Rail 2.0 has not been updated. is.

There is a problem here, whose railway from Gitul finally resolved it.

If that does not work, it's been a while since I've developed the railways on windows, but if you update your version of Ruby Gems (described in the link) So the rail should work to install and update the following:

  Installed Rail Rail  

If this does not work, I will uninstall and install it on the basis of it. This will get you setup to create a suite of built-in window and server window that comes with the rail (WEBrick or mongrel if you install the gem). Whether you do not need a server for the development of heavyweight DBS and developers - just a hassle.

If you want to use Windows as a server platform then some things may be a bit complicated. I did this for a while some years ago, but it was such a pain that Why I learned Linux, and it was worth good when I did it on Windows, so I used to install my own SQL and Apache.


No comments:

Post a Comment