Monday 15 June 2015

sql server - Automating Monthly SQL JOB/Query -


I leave this site too many times but have never posted but it goes here! I'm new about the job in just one month, but I had some experience with SQL.

I have a simple question that runs monthly which is the number of active members and notifications for each organization month

I have created a one-stage work with SQL Server Agent that runs the query on the 5th of the month and records the information for the previous month.

I have a job production, known as the monthly file name. This .txt file is then sent to the customer.

Customer opens file with Excel by default ... it removes all formatting. I have recommended opening Excel and importing documents and it has temporarily solved the issue.

However, there are two major problems: 1) It is very inconvenient to ask the client to import the file to format. Importing the file itself will make a lot of overhead because in these reports for many databases There are many.

2) "Monthly report" in .txt file: Step 1, Includes 'Collect data': Start execution 2015-03-17 12:39:58 "------ True I corrupt the formatting of column headings in

I am looking for other ways to solve this task by exporting directly to EXCEL or a formatted .txt file

Has tried to save as monthly revenue.csv, but the problems are still created and it can be imported into Excel Required

FYI - My company is running Windows Server 2012 has SSIS functionality but we are running some legacy Windows Server 2008 R2 and I need solutions to work on both servers, so SSIS Packages are not compatible with Windows Server 2008.

I appreciate the long-term feedback and all time and assists in providing support to the community.


No comments:

Post a Comment