Monday 15 June 2015

How to get jQuery UI to work from a Firefox extension -


I have tried to connect with jquery and jquery ui communities (email list, IRC) other than Google and more experienced Colleagues, but nothing has proven useful. I've found stackoverflow useful in the past, so maybe someone will have to face it first.

My problem is this: I want to include the jQuery UI in my extension.

This is not as easy as self service page scripts because I need to provide specific context for UI widgets.

jQuery can be started with a specific reference that the JQuery UI can not do. Thus, I wrapped the UI code with the function that takes the example of a correctly referenced jQuery .

Issue: Whenever the UI code creates a jQuery instance, such as $ (""), this.element that newly created element has been overwritten.

this.element should be, for example, when the slider div creates the slider widget initialization handles, then this. Element is still considered the slider div, not handle ... to handle. Correctly raises an error in itself.

"This" widgets may be messed up ... jQuery UI or jQuery can directly reference themselves directly elsewhere, and thus using the relevant jQuery I do not use everywhere Is doing this ... jQuery UI can not be re-entered or something like this ... I have no idea.

I would be very grateful for any help you can give me. I'm learning a lot from debugging this problem ... but I'm definitely ready to get this work done and I'm already moving forward.

I posted the relevant code snippet in the post for the mailing list of the jQuery Uses

ps - Suppose we can not fix this problem. what will you do? Right now I just want to work on the sliders. Not sure about the future, as the effect? Datepicker?


No comments:

Post a Comment