Sunday 15 April 2012

windows - Process memory increases much faster with gflags +ust -


I am stuck in a problem with gflags when trying to find a memory leak Be the windows app

When I turn on the Ust flag (to collect memory allocation stack traces) the memory of my application is very fast when the flag stops (this 10 minutes Of the IPO in the 800 MB, which is far from 50-100 MB / day when the flag closes.)

I have read that for 32 MB stack trace the max. So, I think it should not be a problem.

The computer is an 4x Intel (R) Xeon (R) CPU E5410 @ 2.33GHz .

If someone can give me some hint then I appreciate it.

Thank you!

Stack trace database does not have the sole effect ost flag it adds at least 32 bytes for each allocation So that its stack trace ID can be stored. This can explain the increase in your memory if there are too many small allocations. If you compile a debugger or process related to a debug target, then the Windows heap will be set in debug mode and the over allocation will also be enlarged.


No comments:

Post a Comment