Sunday 15 April 2012

SSIS - Performing Lookup on MS Access datatypes Long Text (NTEXT) and Doubles (DT_R8) -


I have an MS Access Table, which is currently holding several tables with columns in which there are long text (which That are set as NTEXT in SSIS) and doubles (which are set as DTRR8). Data migration (updates and inclusions) is going to happen between this Access DB and a SQL Server DB several times next year or for that, and therefore I am trying to write an SSIS package for data migration and I will use those data types I want to do this process: OLE DB source (MS Access) -> Lookup -> (Other Dataflow Actions) -> OLE DB Destination (SQL)

< P> However, when I Try to Kap therefore I am getting BLOB error and float error (sense). I have tried the wet DB source (MS Access) -> Data Conversion -> Lookup -> OLE DB Destination (SQL), but lookup always refers to OLE DB source data (with NTEXT and DT_R8 datatype) Have tried to convert, but they also bring various different errors in their own right. So I'm not sure what to do now.

Any guidance or ideas will be welcomed.


No comments:

Post a Comment