Tuesday 15 March 2011

visual studio - MSBuild AfterPublish Target -


I have to copy a special file with the published output of my web project, I to content and change the to copy the code to the output directory. to always copy it works fine except that it is below it in a sub folder As is left in the project.

I do not want to be buried in a sub-folder I want it to sit next to all the published outputs. I thought I could handle this problem by using the After Publish target instead.

Can someone show me how I can do this? I think I would need to know the path that someone was selected in the published dialog. The publishing feature is unfortunately buried inside deep within the visual studio, due to this you can do the expansion of the process, what you can do is very limited Because of this That's not as simple as a simple task you've told here, at least from your project file If you need to get better control of your web deployment then I can suggest that you have a look and / or I will add it to a web development project, which will prepare your web app for deployment with this custom file copy. , And then allow MSDeploy to do actual deployment for you.


No comments:

Post a Comment