Tuesday 15 March 2011

PostgreSQL In Memory Database -


The reason I want to run my PostgreSQL database server from memory is because on my new server, I have 24 There is memory of GB, and hardly any one is used.

I know that I can run this command to create a RAM disk:

  mdmfs -s 1024m md2 / mnt  
< P> And I theoretically store its data to PostgreSQL. But the problem with this is that if the server crashes or reboots, then the data will end.

Actually, I want to load the database all the time in memory so that it does not need to go to the hard disk drive to read every record, because I have tons of memory and since the memory is fast Compared to the hard disk drive,

Is there a way to do this when postgrescuclo is write to disk then do not lose any data in case I go to server Land? Or is there any way to cache all the data in memory?

I am now using streaming replication async This means that my master is running in all memory, using a traditional disc with a different slave example.

A machine restart involves stopping slave, copying postgrascill data back into RAMDisk, and then restarting the master and followed by slave. This is an interesting possibility which compares something like REDIS, but with the benefit of redundancy / hotstandi / backup / SKL / rich toolset etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment