Tuesday 15 March 2011

ole - Why would an ocx control not register properly? -


I am writing an app for which third party OSX control must be used in my INO setup script I include the line I am:

Source: C: \ aPath \ aControl.ocx; DestDir: {AP}; Flags: Restart Location Shared File Reserves

It seems that the control is registered, but the installed app tells me EOLSISR that the control is not registered while working in Win2000. Any ideas about what's going on here, or how to fix it?

Thank you, as always!

p.s I am working with admin level control I think that it is always necessary when an ActiveX control is registered. (Is this true?)

If the problem is only on Windows 2000 but in subsequent OS versions No missing dependencies, such as DLL or other OCX files that are not part of the standard Windows 2000 installation, may be due to. Versions of the Microsoft Sea Runtime Library come to mind. You should use free to track these types of problems, copy it to the problematic machine and use it to open the OCX file, then any missing library entry points or libraries will be shown.

You can also use the tool as a debugger to run your app. It will show a lot of information about loaded modules and similar stuff that can help solve the problem.

And yes, you need an administrator or a power user account to register an OCX.


No comments:

Post a Comment