Tuesday 15 February 2011

SharePoint - moving from Enterprise to Standard -


We are gladly running on MOSS 2007 Enterprise for a while. However, we are facing the need to take our 2007 example to a standard running farm.

What do I need in our existing implementation, which can prevent us from fulfilling this achievement? I know that there are, but I need to make this assessment quickly and I do not have to compare the first two versions of this week.

Actually, I'm looking at our important sites to determine if they use anything that prevents us from going to the standard.

It is also an acceptable response that the content / functionality running in a new MOSS 2007 standard farm from existing MOSS 2007 Enterprise Farm (with the expansion on why this is the case) is not possible. I have copied my production content / operating system into a new farm running enterprise but never going to standard.

You really should not do this assessment quickly if you miss something, you actually Can shoot themselves in the foot.

Major enterprise functionality is BDC, forms, excellent services and other special functionality. If you are not using those areas, then you are probably fine, but you need a more detailed evaluation.


No comments:

Post a Comment