Sunday 15 February 2015

vb.net Send Smtp Mail From IIS FormatException -


Well I've found a page that sends emails and everything runs fine in the developer web server but when I When publishing IIS server, when I try to send mail, get a format exception .... ex.message = "The specified string is not required as the e-mail address."

Email someone in this sample @ Gmail.com

I am using "SMTPClient" and "mail message" classes to send mail.

and server runs Windows Server 2003

EDIT: I am using IS in the IS as the IS IS Dev on Dev Webers using the same SMTP settings

Check that you have enabled local email relaying for SMTP service on your Windows Server 2003 box. By 'local' I mean that applications on your local machine can use the SMTP service to relay emails - but you almost certainly do not want to allow external connections to do so.


No comments:

Post a Comment