Sunday 15 February 2015

How do I edit SSIS package files? -


I have a DTSX file in the project that I am taking. I have Visual Studio 2005 Pro, but it just opens XML file as SQL Server Management Studio 2005 does the same

I have seen people open these files in some workflow-ask formats; Business Intelligence Development Studio comes to mind

Is this a part of Visual Studio or SQL? Is it to be bought separately? Can I open this file in a more useful way with the tool?

From Business Intelligence Studios:

File-> New Project-> Integration Service Project

Now there is an SSIS package folder in the Solution Explorer, right click and select "Add existing package", and there is a drop down that can be changed in file system, and very bottom box Allows you to browse the file. Note that this will copy the file from where it is in the directory structure of the project.


No comments:

Post a Comment