Saturday 15 June 2013

c++ - Should I add .vcxproj.filter files to source control? -


While evaluating Visual Studio 2010 beta 2, I think in the converted directory, my vcproj Files vcxproj files are created, each project contains vcxproj.filter files that include details of folder structure (\ source files, \ header files, etc.).

Do you think these filter files should be kept per-user, or should they be shared in whole group and should be checked in the SCC?

My current thinking is to test them, but I wonder if there is no reason why I should definitely check them for doing this, or maybe for good reasons.

The obvious advantage is that if I'm looking at someone else's machine, then maybe folder structures will be complete, but perhaps they organize things logically? The previous version of Visual Studio (at least version 6.0 and 2008) stores that information in your project file (.dcp and .pdf);

"post-text" itemprop = "text" VCPRJ files respectively), which is definitely good to add to the SCC.

I can not think of any reason not to include it. File files in SCC


No comments:

Post a Comment