Thursday 15 March 2012

java - Compiling a servlet in Windows XP -


How do I compile and run servlets from a command prompt?

I get an error when I compile it to use

text ">

How do I compile and run servlets from the command prompt?

For the first part of the question, :

  javac -cp $ TOMCAT_HOME / lib / servlet-api.jar * .java  

For the second part, which you are trying to get The purpose of a servlet is to be packed in the war and is deployed in servlet containers (eg tokkat). In a cell, the main () and No, it is not intended to run on the command line.

Actually, you should start with a good tutorial and get some IDE support. Netbans is not my favorite ID but they have There is very good educational content and in your case, I think this will be a good starting point.


No comments:

Post a Comment