Thursday 15 March 2012

freeglut - Why is Visual Studio Trying to Link 'freeglutd.lib'? -


I am trying to compile an OpenGL program using Visual Studio 2013, but I get the following error:

Blockquote>

Error 1 error LNK1104: File not open 'freeglutd.lib' ...

For reference, I have FreeGLUT installed and VS Include files and library files that can be configured to search the correct directory; Actually, VS Includes glutat, in which the files are fine. I've added opengl32.lib and freeglut.lib to additional dependency .

Why is VS looking for 'freeglutd.lib'? This is definitely not listed in additional dependencies. I can solve the compilation error by relocating 'libglut.lib' to 'libglutd.lib' from dependency and prior removal, but I'm just curious because it is this way Is behaving.

Speaking of additional dependencies, Opengl32.lib is actually adding essential? I can compile my (very basic) program without it, but more than one person has said that possibly, for older versions of Visual Studio?

Two things can be examined for this too:

  • Are you making debug or in release mode? At the end of Freeglutd.lib, D suggests that this is a library for debug builds
  • Try to create a new project from scratch, enter some basic runnable code in it, Which is free glute and see that VS is linking properly. It will also confirm that for some reason the project file of the previous project was corrupted (@Robert Harvey has been suggested) or the problem is somewhere

No comments:

Post a Comment