Thursday 15 September 2011

Javascript Session Data Storage -


Is anyone a reliable way to store data for use in all pages of the site? I have found so far:

  1. Cookies - I do not have enough capacity to keep an ATM requirement.
  2. URL hash - like the above
  3. Frames - Not a method I'll use ATMs.
  4. HTML 5 document.localStorage and document.sessionStorage - Not yet fully supported
  5. - The site's users will most likely not install it
  6. < Li> - It looks promising ... is anyone having the experience of using it?
  7. - It also looks promising, but when I tried to use the demo and reloaded the page, he lost his input. Did anyone have experience with this plugin?

Note: I am not an administrator of the site in question, so I do not have the rights to the database, but I am able to add scripting. / P>


Edit: I found this interesting site that was saved in window.name ... maybe there are some security issues also in this

Dojo has a nice plugin that uses Flash for local storage. Plus this is why it is abstract, if they have a gear or a html5 browser, then use it instead


No comments:

Post a Comment