Thursday 15 September 2011

dll - Installshield 2013 Merge Module + WIX C# Custom Action Project -


My end goal: Write a merge module in Installshield 2013 which can find an XML file on disk and modify it. There is a need to use a third party interop to query the location of the file to find the file. The reason for this is that the file is installed by another product.

I have tried some things:

  • The install area is provided using the Sample Managed Class Library DLL. This work is good as long as the third party classes are not used in the code.

  • Using the WIX C # custom action project: As far as I can see, the standard DLL for the merge module is only one MSI in these installsheets. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Question:

  • What is the best way to use this functionality with Installshield?
  • Can I install my C # DLL as well as the required interop before calling a custom verb in my DLL? Will this be a good way?

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Third party assemblies can be included in an install shield managed code custom action, but in IsClrWrap To edit the table (link points of a doctor file) is to include.

If you instead have a WiX DTF action, it generates what the installer calls to an MSI DLL, because entry points are directly accessible to MSI. You can use the "standard DLL" wrapper functionality There is no need to do


No comments:

Post a Comment