Saturday 15 February 2014

applet - What version of Java is realistic to expect on a client/browser? -


I am planning to develop an applet-based application called "average jill" non-technical users (classical musicians , To be accurate). Which version of Java can I expect those users to install in their browsers? Is 1.5 safe? I know Microsoft has not bundled Windows with Java over the years, but what are the most OEM windows machines? What about Max?

I know if I use it, the user is prompted to install Java, if they do not have it or their version is too old for my code but I would still like Whatever features I can actually codify without installing anything, there is a feature in it. Thanks,

Edit: Another thing that does not come from the previous question: Is it not quite normal for Windows users for Java in the day and age?

It is difficult to tell Java 5 has been excluded for years but it is not universally available Could.

Java 6 will also be better, as far as the client experience is concerned, this is a lot better.


No comments:

Post a Comment