Friday 15 January 2010

windows - Set directory permissions with inheritance during application installation? -


I found out that the answer says how to set directory permissions using the lock parameter table. I tried to do this, but it does not set legacy set for any subdirectory. I should be able to set permissions for a particular folder that I am creating and inheriting those permissions within and below all those files and directories. Is there a way to do this without adding a line to the lock parameter table for each and every directory (and file) that I want to impress?

You can either see that MsiLockPermissionsEx support in MSI 5 is (and you have acceptable dependencies because Currently it is only available on Windows 7), or you can apply custom support. There are limitations (and others) written by you in LockPermissions support available in earlier versions of Windows Installer.


No comments:

Post a Comment